The identity of the data controller
The “data controller” is the party that collects the data subject’s information. The “data controller” for handling this data is Kelly’s Storage, based in Westfield Road, Slyfield Industrial Estate, Guilford, Surrey, GU1 1SB, United Kingdom.
What we collect
When you are getting a quote for storage or if you decide to opt-in to our email services we may collect the following personal information:
- contact details
- personal email address
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps us analyse web traffic.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor pages you find useful and pages you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. However, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
What we do with the information we gather
The information you have given to us will be used to improve and provide a better service. The data may also be used for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping
- administer the website
- improve our products and services
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications
- periodically send you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you
- send you email notifications which has been specifically requested by you
- manage enquires and complaints made by or about you in relation to the website
- from time-to-time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail
We do not make your personal information available to third parties for the purpose of direct marketing without your permission unless we are required by law to do so. We do however use the third-party provider, Mailchimp, to deliver our emails and e-newsletters. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help monitor and improve our e-newsletter.
For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link on the email footer or by emailing email@example.com.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links that enable you to visit other websites of interest. We do not have control over the other websites so please proceed with precaution when using these links to leave our site. We are not responsible for the protection and privacy of any information you have provided whilst visiting such sites.
Recording of telephone conversations
All telephone conversations made to Kelly's Storage are recorded, including calls made by us. These calls may be used to assist with our internal training and staff appraisal. Recorded telephone conversations may also be retained by Kelly's Storage as evidence of an acceptance of contract.
Controlling your personal information
Under the principle of ‘fair processing’ under GDPR, you have control of your personal data. This means you (1) have the option to request the deletion of your personal data and (2) you’re told how you can do that. This section will guide you through your options.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever we ask you to fill in a form on the website, you have the option to opt-in to any future communications/any use of your information for direct marketing purposes. If you do not explicitly opt-in we will not contact you.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by unsubscribing, writing or emailing us.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to our head office (see below).
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the address at the bottom of this page. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Security of your personal information
We take reasonable precaution to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We store all the information you provide to us on our secure, password and firewall protected servers. However, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your user details and password confidential. We will not ask you for your password – except when you log in to the website.
If you not or no longer a client, your data will be stored in our servers for 7 years. After this date your data will be removed unless you give permission for Kelly’s Storage to keep your information on our system.
Contacting Kelly's Storage
You can contact us at any time to:
- request access to information that Kelly’s Storage has about you
- correct any information that Kelly’s Storage has about you
- delete information that Kelly’s Storage has about you
Freephone: 0800 652 0325
Head office: Kelly's Storage Ltd, Westfield Road, Slyfield Industrial Estate, Guilford, Surrey, GU1 1SB, United Kingdom
Co. Reg: 6588011